LIVING WAGE EMPLOYER | PRIVATE HEALTH CARE | ADDITIONAL HOLIDAYS
Contego has an exciting opportunity for an experienced falconer to join the team working at Whinney Hill Landfill site.
The role will be working as a gull management technician to be part of our growing national team of experienced falconers.
Contego is committed to staff training and development, we have a structured team development map that will see you quickly move through the ranks of the business; our commitment to you backed by your commitment to us.
The site at Whinney Hill has a number of compliance regulations around the number of gulls that visit site and the impact of the area surrounding the facility. The role will be an active role ensuring gull numbers are kept to a minimum across the operating times of the landfill.
The role encompasses removing birds from site using falcons, you will need to be able to house and look after the falcons we provide and provide care for the birds we give you.
- Monitor and react to gull activity on site
- Maintain the four bird-alert systems on site
- Fly falcons regularly across the day to ensure presence of deterrent
- Maintain falcons at correct flying weight and
- Write legible reports on all inspections undertaken to include details of gull levels.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- look after falcons in your own time outside of work hours.
- Any other “ad hoc” duties as required by the needs of the business.
- Hands-on practical Falconry experience having owned and kept hawks.
- Must be able to get to site with falcons
- Be able to write legibly and create meaningful informative reports.
- Be willing to work overtime if required including some weekend working.
Good verbal communication Skills
- Excellent communication skills and be confident dealing with customers at all levels
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Competitive salary with a progressive package
- Company mobile
Required experience: Must have falconry experience or a solid interest in falcons