EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER | LIVING WAGE EMPLOYER | PRIVATE MEDICAL | ADDITIONAL HOLIDAYS | OVERTIME AVAILABLE
Contego has an exciting opportunity for an experienced falconer to join the team in Inverness.
The role will be working as a bird management technician to be part of our growing national team of pest control and experienced falconers.
Contego is committed to staff training and development, we have a structured team development map that will see you quickly move through the ranks of the business; our commitment to you backed by your commitment to us.
The role will be an active role ensuring gull numbers are kept to a minimum.
The role encompasses removing birds from site using falcons, you will need to be able to house and look after the falcons we provide and provide care for the birds we give you.
- Monitor and react to gull activity
- Fly falcons regularly across the day to ensure presence of deterrent
- Maintain falcons at correct flying weight and
- Write legible reports on all inspections undertaken to include details of gull levels
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- look after falcons in your own time outside of work hours
- Any other “ad hoc” duties as required by the needs of the business.
- Hands-on practical Falconry experience having owned and kept hawks.
- Must be able to get to site with falcons
- Be able to write legibly and create meaningful informative reports.
- Be willing to work overtime if required including some weekend working.
- Good verbal communication Skills
- Excellent communication skills and be confident dealing with customers at all levels
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Competitive salary with a progressive package
- Company mobile
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Falconry experience or a solid interest in falcons
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
Work Location: On the road
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent