LIVING WAGE EMPLOYER | MINT CRAIC | ADDITIONAL HOLIDAYS
Do you need a new challenge in your life?
Pest Control is a fast moving, high tempo industry that needs people with great analytical skills, someone who doesn’t leave a stone unturned and a passion for nature and how we can protect public health, ensuring our customers and their property’s are free from harm by pests.
We need people who enjoy customer service and delivering on their promises whilst working for a company that will support your training and development and value your input!
So who are we?
Contego are the fastest growing pest control business in the UK, we deliver the best customer experience in the business (we believe!) for any client looking for pest control services. We are a team driven business that looks after and values our colleagues and their input to our growth. Were ambitious but still have a hands on approach to supporting our teams……
We are constantly growing and due to this we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced pest management technician or trainee to join our team working in the York area.
What will I be doing?
The role will be fast paced, challenging and will focus on problem solving pest issues for our diverse range of clients to help with their pest issues…we believe in delivering great customer service and solving problems. It’s at the heart of our business.
We need people who enjoy working in pest control, If you have no experience that’s fine, we will train you to become one of our first fix champions!
40 hours per week – overtime available
This van based role will include: Inspections and treatments to commercial and residential properties, surveying sites and offering advice to customers. Solving problems and reducing risk is at the core of our business offer.
Main duties will include
- Inspect customer premises and report on status of premises on levels of pest infestation.
- Organise and undertake a programme of treatments using pesticides to control pests.
- Write legible reports on all inspections undertaken to include details of treatment.
- Actively seek and sell new and additional work. We will help you earn more through sales!
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Complete Training, We want you to succeed and progress
- Qualified to BPCA / RSPH level 2 in pest management or equivalent or we will train you to this standard
- Be able to use apps and smartphones.
- Be able to write legibly and create meaningful informative reports.
- Good sense of humour in stressful situations. We like people who enjoy their work
Good verbal communication Skills
- Excellent communication skills and be confident dealing with customers at all levels
- Ability to work on your own initiative, we are always there to support of course
- Competitive salary
- No cap on Commission on sales
- OTE: £30K +
- Additional days holiday for every year of service after 2 years (up to 25 days)
- Company van
- Company mobile
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent