Don’t try this at home (Part 2) !!
Following on from our warning about DIY rat control, please be careful if you decide to try and tackle a wasps nest.
Last Saturday a 44 year old man in the east of France was badly stung whilst trying to remove a nest, and he died from an allergic reaction.
Yesterday, in Dallas, Texas a workman thought it would be a good idea to set fire to a wasps nest that he discovered in a shed at a house he was working on. Perhaps he thought he had a simple solution, and that he would save a few dollars in the process.
The end result was much different than expected – $250,000 worth of damage to the first house and $50,000 damage to the neighbour’s house!
A very expensive DIY job and a difficult one to explain to the boss and the insurance company.
If you find a wasps nest near your home, and feel confident enough to tackle the job yourself, there are treatments available on the market. Please don’t start using flamethrowers!
If you are less-confident, and you would like advice, please call us on 0800 028 7111 before you head out to the DIY store.
By the time you have travelled to the store, bought the product, plucked up the courage to use it then cleaned up and disposed of the nest, you might agree that our all-in fixed price is a bargain. Especially if you got stung in the process!
Of course, if the nest is nowhere near your home and is not causing any problems the easiest solution is just to leave the wasps alone. They are all part of Mother Nature’s rich tapestry.