How to Get Rid of Mice
One little mouse scuttling around in your commercial kitchen or food production factory isn’t a big problem, right? Wrong.
Mice are well-known carriers of diseases that can contaminate food and they also breed fast. So before you know it, you can have a serious infestation to deal with.
The first question you’ll have is okay, so how do I deal with it? Here’s how to get rid of mice.
Why you need to act fast to get rid of mice
A pest infestation can have a negative impact on any business, but particularly businesses in the food industry. If you have a food business, you’ll know that you’re legally obliged to have a proper pest management programme in place. You’ll also know the penalties you can face for not abiding by food safety legislation.
Failing to control a pest infestation on your business premises doesn’t just have legal implications either. Here’s why you need to act fast to get rid of mice;
- They love to gnaw on anything from insulation to wiring, floorboards, cardboard boxes, and pipes, and they can cause costly damage to your products and premises;
- Their urine and droppings contains nasty pathogens like Salmonella which can contaminate food and cause a public health issue;
- If clients and customers find out that you have a problem with mice, it’s likely to affect your reputation. Lost custom equals lost profits.
How to get rid of mice
A huge part of dealing with a problem with mice is actually preventing them from gaining access to your business premises in the first place. This is not optional, this is a legal obligation. It’s not just about putting down a few traps and hoping for the best. To deter mice from your premises you should consider;
- Fitting bristle or brush strips to the bottom of doors to prevent mice from getting under them.
- Sealing holes around cables and pipework, and covering vents with material like wire mesh.
- Checking the roof and walls for any cracks or crevices where mice could get in. Remember, they can get in through the tiniest of gaps.
- Keeping your business premises clean and tidy. Mice are always on the lookout for a food or water source, so uncovered food, spillages, and unemptied bins will attract them.
What about DIY options, will they work?
You could just lay down a few traps, but it’s a labour-intensive and not very effective way of managing a mice problem on your premises. Can you really afford to waste time trying out things that might not even work? Are you willing to risk your business, your reputation, and the health and safety of your employees and customers?
The only way to properly protect your business against pest infestation is calling in professional pest control.
How we can help
If you’ve seen the signs of a mouse infestation, don’t wait, call in the experts.
Our highly-trained and experienced technicians will survey your premises and recommend a bespoke mouse control solution that offers you protection and peace of mind. Need help now?