EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER | LIVING WAGE EMPLOYER | PRIVATE MEDICAL | ADDITIONAL HOLIDAYS | OVERTIME AVAILABLE | WAGESTREAM – GET YOUR SALARY DAILY ON REQUEST PROVIDING CRITERIA IS MET
Contego has an exciting opportunity for an experienced falconer to join the team in Preston/Accrington and the surrounding areas (Lancashire).
The role will be working as a bird/pest management technician as part of our growing national team of pest control technicians/experienced falconers.
Contego is committed to staff training and development, we have a structured team development map that will see you quickly move through the ranks of the business; our commitment to you backed by your commitment to us.
Contego is an equal opportunity’s employer and we are determined that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
The role will be fast paced, challenging and will focus on problem solving pest issues for our diverse range of clients to help with their pest issues…we believe in delivering great customer service and solving problems. It is at the heart of our business.
We need people who enjoy working in pest control, If you have no experience that’s fine, we will train you to become one of our first time fix champions!
This van based role will include inspections and treatments to commercial and residential properties, surveying sites and offering advice to customers. Solving problems and reducing risk is at the core of our business offer, ensuring gull numbers are kept to a minimum by removing birds from site using falcons, you will need to be able to house and look after the falcons we provide and provide care for the birds we give you.
- Inspect customer premises and report on status of premises on levels of pest infestation.
- Organise and undertake a programme of treatments using pesticides to control pests.
- Write legible reports on all inspections undertaken to include details of treatment.
- Actively seek and sell new and additional work. We will help you earn more through sales!
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Monitor and react to gull activity.
- Fly falcons regularly to ensure presence of deterrent.
- Care for falcons in your own time outside of work hours.
- Any other “ad hoc” duties as required by the needs of the business.
- Hands-on practical Falconry experience having owned and kept hawks.
- Be able to write legibly and create meaningful informative reports.
- Be willing to work overtime if required including some weekend working.
- Good verbal communication Skills.
- Excellent communication skills and be confident dealing with customers at all levels.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Qualified to BPCA / RSPH level 2 in pest management or equivalent or we will train you to this standard.
- Be able to use apps and smartphones.
- Competitive salary
- No cap on commission of sales
- Wagestream – Get your salary daily on request providing criteria is met
- Additional days holiday for every year of service after 2 years (up to 25 days)
- Company van
- Company mobile
- Private Medical
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Falconry experience or a solid interest in falcons
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company car
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- pest control: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: On the road
Reference ID: Falconer/Pest Control Technician – Worcester