What is bird wire?
An almost invisible tensioned bird wire system to prevent birds from perching without damaging the aesthetics or construction of the building.
Contego’s bird wire is one of the most discrete and widely used anti-perching systems available in the UK. It is effective to prevent both pigeons and seagulls from perching on the parapets and ledges of buildings.
Our team of experienced, nationwide technicians are able to provide you with bespoke, professional advice and service to create a bird deterrent solution that works for you and your buildings.
How does bird wire work?
Contego’s bird wire consists of a fine, nylon-coated, spring-tensioned stainless-steel wire supported by stainless steel posts, which are fixed into stonework using nylon anchor rivets.
Contego’s bird wire is a very versatile bird control system and a variety of components and brackets are available, enabling it to be fitted to almost any surface, such as roof ridges and metal cladding, making it a bird deterrent suitable for many applications.
Where to use bird wire…
- Window sills ✅
- Brick/stone ledges ✅
- Parapets ✅
- Beams ✅
- Long exposed edges ✅
Contact Us Now
Have You Thought About
We can offer you so much more...
How does it work?
Bird wire is a tensioned wire system that prevents birds from perching on areas like rooftops, window sills, or ledges. It’s installed in rows that are spaces to make an uneven landing surface so birds can’t land or perch, and they go elsewhere.
When would you use bird wire?
Bird wire is most suitable for:
• Light pressure bird problems/infestations
• New buildings you want to prevent birds from perching/landing on
• Buildings where discreet bird proofing is more appropriate (like listed buildings)
• Glass fronted buildings
What are the benefits of bird wire compared to other bird proofing methods?
• It’s almost invisible which makes it ideal if you want a discreet bird proofing solution.
• It’s a humane bird proofing option.
• If you need to carry out maintenance on your building, it’s easier to work around than methods like bird spikes.
• Bird wire can be installed on glass, plastic, or metal.