The food and drink industry contributes £28.8 billion to the UK economy, it employs 400,000 people, and 97% of businesses in the sector are small to medium enterprises. So imagine a situation where you have an infestation of pests that could potentially get into your products, make your customers ill and damage your reputation. It would be catastrophic.
Why do you need pest control systems in food industry?
Insects, rodents and birds can contaminate food and work surfaces with urine, droppings and hairs. These contain potentially harmful pathogens that can spread diseases like E. coli and Salmonella. Contamination can result in the destruction of entire batches of food, rejection by quality control, and the potential for recall if contamination is found.
Compliance with the law
You need to protect your business from pests so that you meet your requirements under pharmaceutical pest control regulations as defined in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Food Safety Act 1990 and the Food Hygiene (England) Regulations 2006. Failure to comply often results in prosecution and hefty fines, and your reputation might not recover.
Contego offer a comprehensive pest control service for the food industry including;
- Rodent prevention, control and proofing work
- Insect prevention and control
- Bird proofing works, trapping and eradication programmes
- Biologist/Technical inspections and reporting service
- Supply and service of Electronic Fly Killers
- Supply and fitting of insect screens for doors and windows
- Leading specialist pest control and auditing services specifically tailored to your site needs and audit criteria
- Specialist pest control and auditing: BRC, AIB, TESCO, Marks & Spencer
What you can expect from us
A Contego biologist will visit your site and inspect every aspect of your current pest control measures. They’ll identify any potential proofing and housekeeping issues on your site and they’ll provide you with a comprehensive written report for your records.
Our Biologists can be used on a consultancy basis where you already have a pest control service but you require independent inspections as part of your accreditation status.
Working With Companies Like You
We are trusted by
We Can Help You With
We can offer you so much more…